Monday

Marks & Spencer's Make Up Brushes

I popped into the Oxford Circus branch at lunchtime today to pick up a USA socket adapter, and travel accessory section was right next to the make up line, so of course I had to have a little look!  I was happy to see M&S have slightly expanded their range of make up brushes.  Last year I picked up their Autograph eyeshadow brush for £5 and was pleasantly surprised.

Today I picked the Autograph blusher brush over the face brush even though they both felt gorgeously soft.  I'm always on the look out for a blusher brush which is quite small as I just dab colour on the apples of my cheeks.  Some blusher brushes are so huge you can end up looking like a clown if you use a heavy hand!  The one review on the website talks about shedding but I've literally tried to pull out hairs and they won't budge! I'll see what happens after a wash.


The brush looks lovely and the handle is very sleek.  Excellent value too at £7.50.  The eyeshadow one only set me back £5.  They do a set of brushes for £22.50 and I wish I'd waited and just bought that!

The only issue I have with the brushes is that the handles splay out at the bottom, like The Body Shop's brushes.  This makes it difficult to store them in a brush roll for travel and they take up more room in the holder (I use a glass jar for mine).

I'll be heading back to the M&S make up counter soon as I saw some interesting illuminating fluid and a mattifyer I want to try.  I really like some of their skin care, I remember a few years back some products were compared to Clarins.

What do you think of M&S's beauty offerings? Would you recommend any of their perfumes?
Perfect shaped blusher brush






10 comments:

  1. Hello! I’m having a blog hop over at my blog:
    http://www.nycislandgal.com/2010/06/im-so-following-you-back.html

    Come and leave your link so all my readers can follow you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there!! i'm here via nyc island gal's follow back friday!! love the blog. talkin' beauty is always fun. =)

    Vogue Gone Rogue

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Island Gal! Great concept! I took part this morning :)

    @kirsty - your blog looks fab, I've just become a follower!

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for dropping by! Very nice review. Are the brushes soft?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kat go to my blog and sign up for 'Networked Blogs' (on my sidebar) - it's linked with facebook.. so when u post a blog it gets posted on your fb page and on twitter (if you want). tis good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi, just stumbled across your blog and am really enjoying it! feel free to check mine out :) i also have a beauty blog: http://beautybyanie.blogspot.com/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I might try these brushes sometime... but really, I have so many already (but a girl can never have enough!)... Hey you're never too old to be a Twilight fan - I read it a few months ago because I was fed up with not knowing what the ridiculous hype was about and of course now I'm a secret Edward Cullen fan :-) and I am NOT a teenager!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ natualnchicmakeup - thanks! Yes they are soft but nice and dense too :)

    @ Angel - will do!

    @Stephanie - I must check it out!

    @Cafe Bellini - I don't think I'll ever stop collecting brushes! I justify this as they don't go off like make up can! I'm waiting hard for 9th July - Eclipse time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All I want is a brush that distributes bronzer evenly and doesn't shed all over my face- is this too much to ask?

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's all about the brush dear. Come round and test drive some of mine. The best bronzer brush I have is a Revlon one I got from Portobello Market light years ago. Sometimes you need to wash a brush a few times to get all the stray hairs out, then it won't shed as much. Might be worth checking out what MAC and Inglot have to offer brush-wise...x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails